Primary Responsibilities: Serve as an integral member of the team responsible for the following:
• Build comprehensive dashboards and reports using Tableau Desktop
• Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code / reports, to testing and release / deployment
• Research and identify needs, goals, and business models by collaborating with the end users, stakeholders and support partners
• Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
• Serve as a primary point of contact for Production Support issue resolution
• Review, assess current state and identify improvement opportunities and best practice recommendations
• Define, establish and lead effective routines and reporting mechanisms to drive the maturation of service operations
• Proven advanced skill and experience with Tableau development and administration with version 10+
• Proficient with querying languages, such as ANSI-SQL, T-SQL
• Candidates must have 5+ years of Business Intelligence experience.
• Considerable BI development experience / background
• Problem solving / troubleshooting experience /skills to assist Production Support in issue resolution
• Proven ability to independently champion business intelligence principles with business owners, application owners, data analysts and DBAs
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
• Excellent requirements gathering skills
• Ability to be a self-starter that can provide leadership
• Comprehensive understanding of the Agile Development process
• Ability to provide data visualization solutions
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• Experience with industry BI/Reporting toolsets including Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Actuate, Power BI, SSRS.
• Experience with connecting to Hadoop, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Netezza, Teradata, and SQL databases .
• Experience with Mobile App Development
• Experience with Financial services data .
• Experience with Fortune 100 size companies
Critical Skills/Niche Skills: Tableau Dashboard Development, Tableau Server Administration & Data Modeling
Years of experience required: 5-7.